Currently when you try to install the KMS Host License Pack for Office 2010 on a Windows Server 2016 or Windows 10 you receive the following error message:
The cause of this problem relies in the VBS script that is being triggered at the end of the installation. In order to install the KMS Pack on newer operating systems than Windows server 2008R2 you need to perform the following steps:
- Run KeyManagementServiceHost_en-us.exe until the error message appears. Don’t click OK.
- Go to the folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\MSECache\OfficeKMS” and copy the folder to somewhere like (C:\Temp\OfficeKMS)
- Click OK on the error message and press ENTER to close the program.
- Open the folder with the copy (C:\Temp\OfficeKMS) and edit the file kms_host.vbs:
- Search for the line:
If (Ver(0) = “6” And Ver(1) >= “2”) Or (Ver(0) >= “7”) Then
And replace it with the line below, this line just says that Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 (both having version number 10) are also supported:
If (Ver(0) = “6” And Ver(1) >= “2”) Or (Ver(0) >= “7”) Or (Ver(0) = “10”) Then
- Start Command prompt with administrative permissions, run the command below and follow the wizard.