Windows caches your user names and passwords entered for network shares, drives etc. That’s fine until there’s an incorrect password or username in the cache, and you want to remove it.
The utility to delete cached credentials is hard to find. It stores both certificate data and also user passwords.
Open a command prompt, or enter the following in the run command:
rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr
With the new Windows Store for Business, organizations can make volume purchases of Windows apps. The Store for Business provides app purchases based on organizational identity, flexible distribution options, and the ability to reclaim or re-use licenses. Organizations can also use the Store for Business to create a private store for their employees that includes apps from the Store, as well private Line-of-Business (LOB) apps. Continue reading Disable windows 10 non enterprise store tab’s
When testing the latest Build of Windows 10 I got an error installing the Configuration Manager 2012 R2 client, it fails installing the Windows Update agent with the following error in the CCMSetup.log file.
“File ‘C:WINDOWSccmsetupWindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe’ returned failure exit code 775. Fail the installation.”
Continue reading SCCM 2012 client fails to install Windows 10 Build 10049
When you try to change the product key in Windows 8 or in Windows Server 2012, you cannot find a “Change product key” link in the System item in Control Panel.
For example, you want to convert a default setup product key to a Multiple Activation Key (MAK) on a computer that is running Windows 8. However, you cannot find an element in the UI that lets you change the product key.
To change the product key without first activating Windows, use one of the following methods:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- In the search box type Slui.exe 0x3.
- Tap or click the Slui.exe 0x3 icon.
- Type your product key in the Windows Activation window, and then click Activate.
Run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
Cscript.exe %windir%system32slmgr.vbs /ipk
Note You can also use the Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT) 3.0 to change the product key remotely, or if you want to change the product key on multiple computers.
To fix the problem, you need to designate a domain controller to be authoritative for the Sysvol replica set.
1. Stop the File Replication service on the PDC emulator FSMO role holder.
2. Use the Registry Editor to navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NtFrs\Paramaters\Backup\RestoreProcess at Startup.
3. Double-click the BurFlags Value Name, a REG_DWORD data type, and set the data value to D4, using the Hex radix.
4. Exit the Registry Editor.
5. Start the File Replication service.
Note: If the BurFlags Value Name is set to D4 (authoritative) on more that one replica, conflicts and collisions will occur.